“I would like every one of you to speak in tongues, but I would rather have you prophesy. The one who prophesies is greater than the one who speaks in tongues, unless someone interprets, so that the church may be edified.”
(I Corinthians 14:5)
God has given us spiritual gifts to bless the world around us yet we spend so much time explaining them away. Why do we fight so hard against these things?
- Is pride or false humility keeping you from embracing God’s spiritual gifts and from sharing God’s heart to others?
- Does your doctrine oppose the heart and gifts of God?
- Have you decided that you are not good enough for a gift from God?
- Is your “I Feel” and your “I Think” keeping you from sharing God’s love to others?
- Is your need to be in control resisting God’s desire to live thru you?
Prophesy often ignores a lot of the facts and aims straight for a deep expression of God’s love. It has never been about the commandments and always about the covenant. Look at how God describes Himself in the Old Testament…
- Slow to anger
- Abounding in love
- Abounding in faithfulness
- Maintaining His love
- Forgiving wickedness, rebellion and sin! (Exodus 34:4-8)
“The heart of Prophecy is the Heart of The Covenant and not of The Commandments” (Pastor Les)