What You Think Determines
Who You Are,
What You Do and
What You Have.
I have 5 scriptures that I want to share about the importance of what you think—or, how you think about what you are thinking about. BTW, are you thinking about what you are thinking about or are you simply assuming that your thoughts are your thoughts and that you are powerless in changing them?
- “I have the mind of Christ”
- I have access to a realm that I didn’t have before.
- Access to something outside of myself
- I am no longer limited to just my experiences, my thoughts and emotions or even the wisdom and experiences of others—I have Other World Wisdom (have you ever noticed how aliens always have superior technology and minds well advanced beyond humans?)
- I Corinthians 2:16
What You Think Determines Who You Are, What You Do and What You Have. And, if you think you don’t have the mind of Christ then you will live like you don’t have the mind of Christ. You will waver back and forth in life, you will act like you are powerless and you will act like there aren’t any answers of solutions to your problems or the problems of the world.
- “Be transformed by the renewing of your mind”
- Romans 12:1-2
“Stop imitating the ideals and opinions of the culture around you,[a] but be inwardly transformed by the Holy Spirit through a total reformation of how you think. This will empower you to discern God’s will as you live a beautiful life, satisfying and perfect in his eyes.” Romans 12:2 TPT)
What You Think Determines Who You Are, What You Do and What You Have. You can be transformed right this minute by choosing to think a new thought—by buying into a new thought about yourself, about your past, about the people in your life and/or about God.
BTW, your brain does not want to think new thoughts! It is an efficient muscle and it doesn’t want to exert any more energy than it has to so it tries to stop us from thinking new thoughts. Our spirits have been renewed but not our Muscles! Our spirit is willing but the flesh of our brain is weak!!
It takes energy to think new thoughts. That is why, after a seminar or workshop or a classroom setting, you are so tired! You have diverted energy into your brain, even though you’ve been sitting.
It is extremely simple yet difficult to do—BUT, you can do it! In fact, you were created to change your mind. Did you know that? You were created to Follow Jesus, to listen to and respond to Holy Spirit, which means constantly changing your heart and thoughts which always leads to action changes.
We could also call this repentance, which you were created to do!
- “Take Every Thought Captive”
We can demolish every deceptive fantasy that opposes God and break through every arrogant attitude that is raised up in defiance of the true knowledge of God. We capture, like prisoners of war, every thought and insist that it bow in obedience to the Anointed One.” (II Corinthians 10:5 TPT
- Don’t stuff it, bring it under submission—bring it under THE Mission
- Subject it to my relationship with Jesus
- Notice: I take those thoughts captive, God doesn’t
- II Corinthians 10:5
What You Think Determines Who You Are, What You Do and What You Have. You can work as hard as you want and it will never produce what you really want unless you are Thinking about what you are thinking about and lining it up with The Rules of The Kingdom of Heaven.
- “Turn Worry Into Prayer…”
- “Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.” (Philippians 4:6-7 NIV)
- Take your thoughts and make them something different!
- Turn your conversations with yourself into conversations with God
What You Think Determines Who You Are, What You Do and What You Have.
- Note also in the above scripture that YOU DO SOMETHING tangible like choosing not to be anxious and pray AND THEN something intangible from heaven is given to you—PEACE. Yes!
- “Think on these things…”
- So keep your thoughts continually fixed on all that is authentic and real, honorable and admirable, beautiful and respectful, pure and holy, merciful and kind. And fasten your thoughts on every glorious work of God, praising him always” (Philippians 4:8 TPT)
- How amazing would your thought life and then your mental, emotional and relational health be if we adhered to this scripture? Wow!
- This means that there are multiple other things to NOT THINK about!
What You Think Determines Who You Are, What You Do and What You Have. If you think about the things of Philippians 4:8 then your life will quickly and substantially get better. If you think about the others things, your life will remain the same and will actually being to decay—as the things of the world always decay.